Saturday, March 30, 2013

Warm Coconut Milk Chia Pudding

Now that we're moving into the cooler months, what's one to do when you feel like a traditional warm rice pudding, but without the carbs and sugar crash? You make coconut chia pudding instead, that's what!

Oh, and Happy Easter to all you beautiful people :)



Ingredients:
1 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tablespoons honey
sprinkle cinnamon and/or nutmeg

Method:
Combine all ingredients into a bowl, let it sit for 10-15mins on the counter to thicken.
Warm gently on stove top for a minute or two - serve.

If you wanted you could try warming the coconut milk first, and then combining the ingredients into a bowl and leaving to sit & thicken. I just did mine the other way round.

You can serve this warm or cold, I personally think it's more suited to warm :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm trying these tonight, I'll let you know how I go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, I think I have a new favourite dessert! It was very yummy, thanks Claire!
      Poppy

      Delete
  2. I don't know why, but chai pudding is jus so darn addictive n yummy at the same time!

    ReplyDelete