Saturday, October 20, 2012

Quirky Mango Salad

Ready for raw? Well here you have it. Normally I'll lightly fry the zucchini or carrot, but not today.  I was craving a big bowl of raw food, uncooked. And it certainly hit the spot!

I called it "quirky mango salad" because there's no real theme to it.... I just threw in whatever was in the fridge, and what seemed like a good idea at the time. After all, there's no rules in cooking ;) The mango popped out at me though and added a great burst of juicy flavour to it.



Ingredients:
1/2 zucchini, chopped
1/2 carrot, chopped
1/2 avocado, chopped
1 cup baby spinach & rocket
Handful mushrooms, sliced
1 mango, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
Handful macadamia nuts
Sprinkle sunflower seeds
Sprinkle parsley
Sprinkle basil leaves
Sprinkle ground coriander
1 tbsps balsamic vinegar
Salt to taste

Method:
Add all ingredients into a bowl, toss to combine - and you have yourself one raw, quirky mango salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment